Monday, August 23, 2010

How to Transform Your Physique #84

Boy, time sure is flying by. Pretty soon snow will be here. I am already thinking about ways to jog/run the hill in the winter time. There is no way my root hog will be left out in the garage during the winter.  Or, if it is it will be covered up and not used with all the sand and salt.  We continue to really like the lawn mower push with the Root Hog. It really blasts your upper body as well as lower body. 

I have really noticed that it's getting harder to drop that last portion of bodyfat compared to 5 years ago. Ah, it sucks getting old. ;)  I have been working very hard with hill running and the root hog.  And, of course mostly bodyweight strength training.  I again notice I don't need to eat very much to sustain myself.  It also reminds me of how much I used to eat when I was younger. I would blow up like a blimp if I ate that much today!

My son is going off to college this week. I've trained him since he was 12 down the basement in our home gym. I will miss our Saturday workouts.  I told him he is going to have to scope out someone to spot him he can train to spot and work out with as well (maybe).  I had something like 4 different training partners when I was in college.  Typically they had no set routine and were game to train the way I was. The result was always good gains for them because it was consistent hard training with the basics.  No magic formula needed.  I told him he could just add sets to get his work in if necessary as it becomes very dangerous to go hard to the end of a set with someone who doesn't know how you lift let alone with NO spotter whatseover.  Not smart.  He'll be better equipped though overall as I have seen the weight room.  My son has recently learned the role of proper nutrition in overall body composition.  He's learned it at a much younger age than me. Much younger.  As a teenager, forget it.  I ate everything and anything. ;)

No comments: