Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Alarm Response - Manipulating it for Quick and Significant Gain

The body likes to stay in equilibrium.  There is no doubt about it.  The body will adapt only when forced to adapt.  The body reacts to stimulus which is why we get stronger and bigger muscles when we use resistance training. Yeah, Bill, no a brainer. Duh!  Well, I have been experimenting with "alarming" the body to adapt quickly and make quick gains using the body's alarm response.  In fact, my KTA grip program hinges on this very concept of manipulating the body's alarm response.  It is very tricky and you tend to have to ignore the more normal signs related to physical training response (soreness, etc).  My theory is that most people can stand what would be the equivalent of training like a steroid user for a very short period or cycle of time.  And, then wait for the body to react.  I've experimented both with some cardio and lifting (besides grip programs where I have proven it works and works very well for a lot of people: The KTA Program).  The muscles for grip are a bit more tolerant to what would be considered radical training for a short period of time.

I'll talk about my first observations with respect to cardio and one of my experiments with myself as the guinea pig in my next post.

No comments: