Monday, July 26, 2010

How to Transform Your Physique #81

We went out to eat yesterday (Sunday).  I was able to stay the course and not cheat. I was only slightly tempted.  I had a plain grilled chicken breast sandwich.  The side was two small pieces of melon.  Saturday I pulled the sled and this time I wasn't as wiped out after which is good.

My low back is still not feeling the greatest. I am still at a loss for how to get it so it doesn't feel inflamed all the time.  It doesn't matter what I do these days. No getting worse but lately no getting better either. I won't give up though.  I will remind everyone why I am dealing with this today (again).  Deadlifts and squats are not only effective but they can be total body destroyers as well especially if done improperly for a long period of time and with heavy weights.  I would not have anyone squat long term and I know that sounds cut and dried but there are plenty of ways to work your legs without spinal compression and exposure.  Note I said long term.  And, I mean the majority of mere mortals like myself out there. Not the genetic freaks who can get away with things like round back deadlifting without effect.

If you want to know what I had for breakfast today, simply look at other entries. Yup, boring and exactly the same!  Lunch and dinner as well. I did have smoked salmon for lunch though.  Grilled chicken for dinner was on the menu as well.  Spinach salads (raw) was eaten at both. I had a protein bar as a snack about 2ish.

Yesterday I did some free squats alternated with push ups and crunches. I did 3 cycles of 25 for each.  Then, did a fast walk for about a mile to get some more activity in to burn some calories.

No comments: